Name of the College
V.S.M. COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
Year of Establishment
Name of the Principal
Dr T. Srikanth
Name of the Correspondent
Sri Satyanarayana Rao M.V.V
Late Sri Vundavalli Satyanarayana Murthy, a great philanthropist and
reknowned personality founded VSM College in the year1966. It is one of the illustrious
institutions in the state, with number of UG and PG Courses.
To cherish his dreams and wishes of imparting technical education to the rural
folk, the governing body of VSM College under the presidentship of Sri Sathyanarayan
Rao M.V.V. has established VSM College of Engineering in the year 2009.
VSM College of Engineering, a co-eductional, self financed, private Engineering
college, affliated to Andhra University, Visakhapatnam and approved by AICTE, New
Delhi. At present the college is offering four B.E./B.Tech courses at undergraduate level
i.e Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication
Engineering each with an intake of 60. The college has well qualified, committed and
dedicated faculty and is supported by hard working, devoted technical & non- technical
staff. The college also has well equipped laboratories with sophisticated equipment.
• VSM College of Engineering, Ramachandrapuram, a premier educational
institution is an academic fraternity of individuals dedicated to the motto of“VIDYA VIJAYETETARAM” (It enshrines the truth that education triumphes
over everything else the Aristocrocy of wealth, social position, power, birth and
such advantages take a secondary place while Education possesses unique value)
• We strive to reach the star of perfection through an earnest academic persuit for
excellence and our efforts blossom into “service” through creative and empathetic
involvement in the society to transform it.
• To impart the holistic education to all students without discrimination especially
the less privileged in moulding a character to emerge as self-reliant, enlightened,
empowered “Changing agents” of the society.
• To produce knowledgeable, responsible, skilled, cultured, confident and
competent future citizens of India with a desire to develop its progress and
welfare. These students coming out of the portals of this institution shall have the
abilities learning to know, learning to do, learning to live and learning to be
• To the higher educational needs of this area in general and of the poor, especially
disadvantaged sections of the society in particular.
• To raise the social status of women by encouraging women’s education.
• To provide value based education, which in turn helps the over all personality
development of the students.
• To develop higher cognitive abilities so that students face competitive
examinations successfully after the completion of their graduation and post
• To impart employable knowledge and skills suitable to the fast changing socioeconomic
environment due to globalization
• To involve participation in our national dream and aspirations and our dedication
to promote national integration religious harmony and secularism.
• To provide career guidance and information on communication technologies to
the students for giving them a competitive edge over others.
Ramachandrapuram is located 35KM from Rajahmundry and 29KM from
Kakinada. This area is very fertile with paddy and sugarcane as the main crops. In
addition, there are large number of reputed industrial establishments like Sri Sarvaraya
Sugars, Artos BreweriesLtd, Artos soft drinks, Deccansugars.