Theme of ARIRT-2023
Radioisotopes and radiation technologies have been playing a significant role in the march towards excellence in the field of industry, agriculture, healthcare, food preservation, isotope hydrology and environmental remediation. Applications of radiation technology have provided better quality of products and efficient process control techniques besides offering environment friendly energy source for industrial processing. During the past five decades, significant progress has been made in all facets of radioisotope production and radiation technology programmes. Radioisotopes are produced in nuclear reactors and accelerators. Electron beam accelerators are also increasingly being employed for a variety of applications. It is possible now to design, develop and commercially operate irradiators based on either radioactive Cobalt-60 sources or electron beam machines for food preservation, municipal waste hygenisation, water treatment and environmental applications. The demand for radioisotopes for medical and industrial applications continues to grow. The success achieved in many recently developed therapeutic and diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals has contributed in enhancing the demand for these radionuclides. The industrial non-destructive testing (NDT) and radiotracer technologies have also progressed significantly. Convention NDTs using chemical film based industrial radiography are being replaced with computed radiography, digital radiography and computed tomography. Realizing the significant advancement of applications of radioisotopes and radiation technologies, Department of Nuclear Physics of Andhra University, Visakhapatnam and the National Association for Application of Radioisotopes and Radiation in Industry (NAARRI), Mumbai are jointly organizing a two days National Seminar during September 28-29, 2023. The intended objective of the seminar is to provide an opportunity to the academicians, professionals, scientists, research scholars and technocrats etc. for fruitful deliberations and interactions in updating the latest developments in the field.
Topics to be covered.
- Radioisotope production.
- Electron Beam Accelerators.
- Industrial Applications of Radioisotopes.
- Applications of Radioisotopes and Radiation for Food and Agriculture.
- Radiation Processing of Materials.
- Radioisotopes and Radiation in Health-care.
- Radioisotopes and Radiation for Environmental Remediation.
- Environmental Radiation
- Radiation Monitoring and Radiation Protection
- Radiation Safety and Regulatory Aspects.
- Socio-economic Impact of Radiation Technology.
Technical sessions include invited lectures and few oral presentations those contributions fit well with good subject content. Papers presented in the seminar may be published in the journal "Radiation Protect and Environment" as a special issue after finishing evaluation of the full-length papers as per the journal procedure and norms. Authors are needed to submit the full-length papers to the editor of the journal as per the guidelines of the journal. The editor of the journal isDr.D.D.Rao, Editor of the journal
Visit JOURNAL of Indian Association for Radiation Protection (iarp.org.in): for journal details Journal Name: Radiation Protection and Environment
About the Organizers
Department of Nuclear Physics
The Department of Nuclear Physics at Andhra University is the only one of its kind in India, meant for advanced level teaching and research in Nuclear Physics. It established various fields of research in Nuclear Spectroscopy, Nuclear reactions and interaction of Gamma Radiation. The UGC recognized the Department as a centre for carrying out advanced level research in Nuclear Spectroscopy under “Departmental Support Programme”, in 1978. Presently, the department is engaged in research in the field of radiation physics, nuclear spectroscopy, nuclear reactions, material science, medical physics and elemental analysis with nuclear techniques Andhra University was established as the 17th University in the country in the year 1926. At present it has constituent colleges contributing to various fields such as College of Science & Technology, College of Engineering, Women Engineering college, Pharmacy college, College of Arts & management, College of Law along with different research centers and center of excellences. Prof S.Radhakrishnan, Former President of India served as the 2nd Vice-chancellor of this University. The alumina of Andhra University includes a number of illustrious personalities like Noble prize winner Dr.C.V. Raman, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu (Former Vice President of India) and many a Padma Awardees and Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar Awardees.
National Association for Application of Radioisotopes and Radiation in Industry (NAARRI), Mumbai
NAARRI is a professional body founded in 1976. Since its inception, NAARRI has been striving to provide an effective interface between the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) and users of radiation technology. To achieve its objectives, NAARRI has been organizing National and International conferences, seminars, symposia, workshops, training courses and public awareness programmes aimed at dispelling the apprehensions and unfounded fears about radiation. NAARRI has organized eight international conferences, the latest one being NICSTAR-2023 held at Kochi, Kerala during January, this year. It also, on a regular basis publishes Newsletters, thematic bulletins and other relevant publications in the field.
28th - 29th September, 2023
Under the dynamic leadership of our visionary Vice-Chancellor Prof. PVGD Prasada Reddy Garu
Topics & Key Note Speakers
Societal application of Radio isotopes in Healthcare, Industry & Research
Pradip Mukherjee, CE, BRIT
Utilization of Electron LINAC for Thermal Neutron Radiography Application
Archana Sharma Director, BTDG, BARC
Industrial electron beam accelerators in radiation processing applications - An overview
KSS SARMA , Microtrol
Industrial Applications of Radioisotopes
H.J.Pant, Head, IARD, BARC
Nuclear tools for improving crop productivity
Prasun K. Mukherjee, Head NA&BTD, BARC
Radiation Processing for Food & Nutritional Security: Challenges & Opportunities
S. Gautam, Head, FTD, BARC
Radiation Processing of Materials: A Cold Method for Effective Changes
Y. K. Bhardwaj Head, RTDD, BARC
Production of radioisotopes for societal applications in India: Toward achieving self-reliance
Sudipta Chakraborty R.Ph.D, BARC
Nuclear medicine-The fourth pillar of cancer treatment- Role of RIGS and TARE
Murali Krishna Voonna, Founder, MG Cancer Hospital & Research inst. Visakhapatnam
Role of Radio Isotopes in Nuclear Medicine: An Overview
V V S Prabhakar Rao Head, Medical Services HCG Cancer Center, Visakhapatnam
RADIOISOTOPES IN PRE-CLINICAL RESEARCH
Dr. C. Tamilselvan Chairman Bioscience Research Foundation Chennai
Innovations in Radiation Oncology
Yogaraja. D RSO, Apollo Hospitals Visakhapatnam
Spatial Distribution of Radio nuclides in the Environment
P. Padma Savitri, Head, ESL, BARC, Visakhapatnam
RADIATION SAFETY IN RADIATION TECHNOLOGY UTILIZATION
Dr. S. Murali, Secretary, IARP
Regulatory Aspects of Facilities Handling Radiation and Radio-isotopes in India
R. K. Singh Head, Industrial Applications Section, RSD, Atomic Energy Regulatory Board
Nuclear Power - The need, The Public Perceptions and The Realities (Evening Lecture)
S.K. Malhotra Outstanding Scientist (Retd.) Department of Atomic Energy
Prof. P.V.G.D Prasad Reddy, Hon'ble Vice-Chancellor, Andhra University.
National Advisory Committee
- Shri S.A. Bhardwaj, Chairman, Board of Trustees, NAARRI, Chairman
- Shri. B.C. Pathak, CMD, NPCIL Member
- Shri A.K. Anand, President, NAARRI Member
- Dr. B.Venkataraman, Director, IGCAR. Member
- Dr. Komal Kapoor, Chairman & Chief Executive, NFC Member
- B. Saravanan, Director, AMD Hyderabad Member
- Dr. Karuna Kar Nanda, Director, Institute of Physics. Member
- Dr. (Mrs.) Archana Sharma, Director, Beam Technology Development Group, BARC, Member
- Dr Prasanta K. Mohapatra, Associate Director, Radiochemistry & Isotope Group, BARC,Member
- Dr.A.Vinod Kumar, Head, EMAD, BARC, Vice-president, IARP Member< /li>
- Dr. S.K. Shrivastava, HCG-ICS Khubchandani Cancer Centre, Mumbai Member
- Shri Pradip Mukherjee, Chief Executive, BRIT Chairman
- Prof. A.D.P. Rao Convenor
- Shri P. J. Chandy, Secretary, NAARRI Convenor
- Shri S.K. Malhotra, NAARRI Member
- Dr. Sharmila Banerji, Former Head, RMC, BARC Member
- Dr. H.J. Pant, Head, IARD, BARC Member
- Shri Vikram Kalia, Microtrol India Pvt. Ltd. Member
- Shri K.S.S. Sarma, Treasurer, NAARRI Member
- Shri Rajul Parikh, EECL, Mumbai Member
- Dr. Sunil Sabharwal, formerly from IAEA Member
- Prof B.S.Sandu, President, ISRP Member
- Shri A.N. Shaji, Metmech Radiography Services, Mumbai Member
- Dr D.Vidya Sagar, Radiological consultant Member
- Prof CVS Brahmananda Rao, IGCAR Member
- Prof V.Umamaheswara Rao,Trustee, Lions Cancer Hospital Member
- Shri S.K. Malhotra, NAARRI Chairman
- Dr. Ashutosh Dash, NAARRI Member
- Dr. H.J. Pant, Head, IARD, BARC Member
- Shri Amit Sen, AERB, Mumbai Member
- Shri D.K. Sahoo,BRIT, Navi Mumbai Member
- Dr. S. Murali, Secretary-IARP Member
- Dr. D. D. Rao, IARP Member
Local Organizing Committee
- Prof. A.D.P. Rao, Nuclear Physics department, AU, Convenor
- Dr.P.V.Lakshminarayana (HOD), Nuclear Physics department, AU, Local Co-Ordinator
- Dr.P.V.Madhusudhana Rao (Ex-HOD), Nuclear Physics department, AU
- Dr.S.Appanna Babu, Nuclear Physics department, AU
- Dr.N.V.S.Mahalakshmi, Nuclear Physics department, AU
- Prof Y.Ramakrishana, Engineering physics department, AU
- Prof Shyamala, Nuclear chemistry department, AU
- Prof K.Eswar Kumar, Pharmacy department, AU
- Dr.B.Vasundhara, Physics dept. GITAM University
- Dr.M.V. Suryanarayana, BARC, Vizag
- Dr. Rohit Sukla, BARC, Vizag
- Arjun Bhaskar, AMD, Vizag.
- P. Bangarayya setti, Engineer, NPCIL, Visakhapatnam
- V.V.Mallikharjuna Rao, Vijnaana Bharathi, Visakhapatnam
- Dr.Adityanarayanan, Radiation oncologist, Apollo Hospitals, Visakhapatnam
- Dr V.V.S. Prabakar Rao, Nuclear Medicine, Visakhapatnam
- Ch.Ganapathy, Joint Director, Dept of Industries, Vizag dist. Industry officer
Event venue location info and gallery
AU Sagarika Function Hall, Dr NTR Beach Rd, HPCL Colony, Pandurangapuram, Visakhapatnam - 530003, Andhra Pradesh.
Check our gallery from the recent events
Industries and funding agencies are requested for sponsoring of the seminar to meet the expenditure of the event being held. We are mentioning here some details about the exhibition and sponsorship. You are invited to become a sponsored as one of the following categories.
|1||Platinum||1,00,000/-||A booth and two complimentary registrations|
|2||Diamond||75,000/-||A booth and one complimentary registration|
|3||Gold||50,000/-||Two complimentary registrations|
|4||Silver||30,000/-||One complimentary registrations|
- GST and Bank charges Extra. For complete details please contact organizers
|S.No||Type of Advertisement||Tariff|
|1||Back page||Rs. 40,000/-|
|2||Inside of Front Page||Rs. 30,000/-|
|3||Inside of Back Page||Rs. 25,000/-|
|4||Inside of the Book||Rs. 20,000/-|
Industries and related agencies are encouraged to open and run a stall in the exhibition of the
seminar on payment of necessary charges to the organizers.
Industries and related units can establish a stall during seminar: Charges: Rs 40,000/- (GST and Bank charges Extra)
- Students/ Research Schoolars Rs. 500/-
- Faculty Memebrs Rs. 1000/-
- Others Rs. 2000/-
Bank Account Details
SBI Bank Account No:42062144381
Branch: AU Engineering campus
IFSC No: SBIN0003170
- Abstract submission opens: 13th July, 2023
- Abstract submission Closes: 31st August, 2023
- Intimation of Acceptance: 2nd September, 2023
- Early bird registration: 20th September, 2023
Prof A.D.P.Rao, ConvenorDepartment of Nuclear Physics, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam-530003, India.
Convenor arirt: 9885050829
Local Coordinator : 9291400345
Local Coordinator : 9291400345
Facilitator : 9182395558