- Name : Prof. S. Bala Prasad
- Designation : Head of Department
- Phone : 9441262414
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vision:Develop the department as a reference and resource hub integrating knowledge and expertise in the specialty of environmental engineering, management and sustainable development.
Contribute to the transformation of technology to the field for the betterment of the society through training, research and development and community/society development activities.
Develop as a nodal agency for the development of environmental entrepreneurship and skill development
Environmental interventions and innovations
Mission:Department acts as an environmental think tank for the state of Andhra Pradesh and neighboring states and other Indian states of India.
Provide excellent education in the field of environmental sciences and engineering, conduct basic and applied research, addressing management of natural resource, environmental challenges of humanity and industry in assisting the governments in policy development and governance Promotion of interdisciplinary innovative research and dissemination of knowledge for the transformation of lives and livelihoods towards sustainable development
Support the government in its efforts in environmental management, addressing climate change challenges and sustainable development through apposite research
Promoting partnership with various stakeholders’ like students, institutions, industry, governments, business organizations, Non-government Organizations, and local communities
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The prime goal of the department is to promote education, research, and outreach the needy society.
Provide practical education in the fields of environmental management, climate change and sustainable development and a mending it as a destination of choice for higher learning in the country.
Making it as a distinctive research and development institution with committed faculty and researchers to benefit the economy, society and the environment
Collaborate with academic, governmental, non-governmental, business, industry and non-profit organizations that have similar objectives as the department to create synergy to address the issues and challenges in the natural resource and environmental management, climate change and sustainable development.
Emerging as a preferred partner for creating technological solutions and policy innovations
Contributing to the knowledge base for the government initiatives in the field of environment, climate change and sustainable development
Search for multidisciplinary approach to the possible challenges to the public health and hygiene
Development of various suitable programs in the field of environment, climate change and sustainability
Act as an urban observatory for the improvement of the functioning of urban and local bodies.
Taking up R & D activities in the thrust areas of Environment, climate change and sustainable development
Instrumental in designing and development of skill development programs
Disseminating the knowledge to the society through community development programs
Interaction with national and international institutions of repute for collaboration, sharing of knowledge in a mutually beneficial way
Addressing the issues of government organizations / department and local industries for better environmental management
Taking up projects for the development of innovative research and incubation with outcomes to the benefit of the environment and society
Adopting leading edge technologies and excellent best practices to achieve the goals
The Honorable Vice-Chancellor Prof. P.V.G.D. Prasad Reddy garu inaugurated the Department of Environmental Science, Engineering and Management (DESAM) on 2nd April, 2022 as a constituent department of the A.U. College of Engineering. The Andhra University, all the times, took several initiatives to focus on the emerging and important faculties in engineering and started an undergraduate program in Environmental Engineering (B.Tech. (Civil Environmental Engineering)) in 1980s. It made the Andhra University as the lead university to the other institutions in south India in recognizing the importance of the environmental engineering. It helped the university to take the lead in providing Environmental Engineers to the national and international organizations. Continuing the traditions, it will always necessary to position the university to embark on the new frontier areas of social, economical, cultural, scientific and technological challenges.
Hence, the department started the B.Tech. (Environmental Engineering) program from the academic year 2021-2022. The department is offering doctoral programs (Ph.D.) in the Environmental science, Engineering and Management. In addition to these programs department envisages to offer post graduate programs, continuing education programs, professional training programs in the field of environmental engineering and management.
The Department is actively participating actively in the National Clean Air Program (NCAP), which is taken up by the Andhra University through an MoU with five major urban local bodies of the state of Andhra Pradesh. The department got projects to the tune of 5 crores during these two academic years.
The department has active industry interaction enabling the students to have better exposure to the current environmental engineering and management practices in the industry. It also helps in extending the internships in various industrial organizations.
|Sl.No||Name of the Program|
|1||B.Tech. Environmental Engineering|
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
- Apply the mathematics, science and engineering principles to understand the environmental issues and challenges
- Understand, identify, formulate and solve various environmental engineering problems
- Design a system, component and/or process as per needs of the project with appropriate consideration for the environmental impact, public health and safety
- Modelling environmental systems using modern tools and techniques
- Use modern engineering tools, software and equipment to analyze problems.
- Understand and assess the impact of engineering projects and solutions on the environment and society assess the potential environmental impacts of development projects and design mitigation measures
- Introduce the principles and concepts of various aspects of sustainable development elements in the design and development projects or activities
- Pursue life-long learning as a means of enhancing the knowledge and skills in treatment technologies and management practices
- Understand the treatment requirements of the raw water to make it fit for the municipal use and design a suitable system, component and/or process as per needs of the water treatment keeping in mind the public health and safety
- Comprehend the treatment requirements of the wastewater generated to make it fit for the disposal of the treated wastewater and design a suitable system, component and/or process as per needs of the wastewater treatment to reduce the impact on the environment.
- Figure out the pollution control and management strategies to address the environmental status improvement
- Understand the importance of the eology and ecosystems services and the importance in the maintenance of the environment
- Usage of the civil engineering principles and its role in the environmental managementRealize provide basic principles of environment, concepts of environmental protection, and their significance in the socio-economic development
Program Specific Objectives (PSOs)
- Comprehend the basic principles of environment, concepts of environmental protection, and develop strategies to resolve issues and challenges towards better health of the people and living beings
- Mainstream the environmental protection in all the economical and social developmental projects, policies, programs or scheme in accordance with the carrying capacity of the area or region
- The application of sustainable principles to achieve the sustainable developmental goals and contribute to the global cause with local solutions