- Name :Dr. P.Subbarao
- Designation : Director
Center for Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy(CSSEIP)
- Phone :
- Email :email@example.com
The UGC sanctioned the Centre for Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy (CSSEIP), to Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on 20th March 2007. The main objective of the CSSEIP is to undertake interdisciplinary research and address the issues of social exclusion of the deprived and marginalized communities in India such as Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and religions minorities, other backward classes, women, elderly persons, disabled persons, etc., who experience systemic exclusion in the matter of sharing the development gains earmarked by the government for their inclusive growth.
Since its inception, the CSSEIP, Andhra University is embarked on critical research in the areas of social exclusion and inclusive growth. The centre is conducting several activities in the nature of seminars/webinars, workshops, sensitization programmes, lectures on social exclusion, inclusion, community empowerment of socially and economically disadvantaged groups (SEDGs). The centre and its staff are functioning according to the values of Andhra University, a premier higher learning Institution in the country. The centre is socially responsible as it is working on the issues of SEDGs, who represent the vast majority of population and their development in India.
The broad objectives of the Centre are:
1. Conceptualizing discrimination, exclusion and inclusion based on caste/ethnicity and religion.
2. Developing, understanding of the nature and dynamics of discrimination and exclusion.
3. Contextualizing and problematizing discrimination, exclusion and inclusion.
4. Developing an understanding of discrimination at an empirical level.
5. Formulating policies for protecting the rights of these groups and eradicating the problem of exclusion and discrimination.
In accordance with the UGC guidelines, the CSSEIP, Andhra University is actively engaged in innovative and incisive research on the aspects of social exclusion and inclusion.